Monday, January 24, 2011

Why, Hello World


The love affair with having a studio space downtown continues. Having the space to create work without distraction from creatures/phones/internet has been glorious. It also has initiated a couple of exciting, but unanticipated changes to my nature and the work at hand. I have become more organized. O.k., not so much so that I dusted off my Franklin planner. That thing hasn't seen the light of day in years. But, there is something to be said for actually having to leave the house every day. And having to have your act together to do so. Long gone now are the "working in my pajama days". After 10 years of having the studio at home, being back out in the world has really re-inspired me and facilitated a shift in some of the imagery that I am interested in making.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Love your sketchbook paintings :) I'm excited to see your studio space, keep me posted.

~ christine

Unknown said...

U have a Really special style, even if it's not quite my style, I respect it because it's unique, and it's ur "signature", if u know what I mean.

It's a Great thing to have a unique style!

Great Blog!

x x x Susi, artist from the North