Monday, June 9, 2008

In My Own Backyard, Sort Of



Well, not literally in my own backyard but within 4 blocks. I have been on the lookout for places around here to paint and on a route I frequently travel I just happened to catch a glimpse of a few red flowers. I pulled in to investigate a little further; beyond a curve and a hill was this expanse of wild flowers probably about 2 acres+ in full bloom. Pink and red poppies, cornflowers, daisies. It is absolutely breathtaking. Fellow artist Holly Sturges and I spent a couple hours Sunday morning painting at this site .

1 comment:

Candace Trew Camling said...

hi Margo! This is candace...I graduated from kendall and used to work at Service reproduction! I'm adding you to my link list on my blog! I'm so excited to see that you have a blog. I just googled you to see what you are up to and view work!